31 March 2011

So, we have a mouse in the house……………….


Our Lazy Lumps
The other night, I was lying in bed doing homework (just like every night), and the big, fat cat started growling at something.  This is strange, because he is usually so lazy that he barely even moves when you enter the room. He has gotten so lazy that he doesn’t even meow anymore, just lets out a little squeak (although that may be because he weighs almost 15 pounds now, but hey, he’s old, and he deserves to be happy). So, anyway, he starts growling, and of course, the dog perks up. I leaned over to see what was going on under the bed, and the mouse come running out with Smokey (the fat cat) running after it. It was impressive; I haven’t seen that cat move that fast in a long time. He actually caught it too. By the tail. Dragging it back under the bed.

I got up and went to find something to catch the mouse (I wasn't worried that the cat would kill it, he has no teeth), but by the time I got back to the bedroom, the mouse was gone. The cats, Smokey and Neff, and the dog, Echo, have taken up stations at various closet doors in the house. I keep opening the doors, hoping to be able to catch the mouse, but it keeps getting away. I just want to put it outside. it's not even freezing outside anymore. He could bask in the sun. Get a little tan. Who knows, it might impress the lady mice. he just needs to do it somewhere else. 
The Perfect Puppy

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

LOL! I think I'd freak out. Where there is one, there are probably a lot more. Eeep!