31 May 2011

Morro Rocks Literally!

Busy, busy, busy.

Morro Rock
View from every window of living room and master
So, as you all know--because I won't stop talking about it--we are moving. We are uprooting our family and ruining the boy's life (but only every other day). I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

We finally found a house, and although it's dated (80s all the way baby) the view makes up for it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Reno, but I have been in the desert too long. The sea is calling to me.

I went to see the new house this weekend. It's kinda dumpy--the walk-through list of problems was two pages long--but I know that we can make it home. To me it already is. I woke up in Reno this morning at around 5:30 and it took me a minute to figure out where I was. Then I had this wave of disappointment wash over me. Then I passed right back out.

The house is at the top of the hill with only one street behind us. You can see the entire town below us. I will miss the balloon races and the fireworks that go off all summer long here in reno, but in Morro Bay we get the ocean, beach, the dunes, and of course the rock. Even though we are not on the beach, we can hear the waves at night.

The town seems pretty laid back, and we have already met the neighbors, and some other people in town. We were looking to get furniture there instead of moving all our stuff, and I found a couch on craigslist.org that looked as if it would fit the huge great room. I wrote to the guy who placed the ad and he said that it was still available so I asked if we could come by and see it. We had decided that we were going to hit some yard sales, and I did not check my email before we left. We got to that last one, and as we pulled up, I told Andrew "That's the couch!" As we got out of the car, he said, "That's the other house we were looking at!" It must have been meant to be, that couch in our living room. And, the people that were selling it have been to a party in our house. Small town.

We also bought a new bed for our room this weekend. It is kinda fun mattress shopping. We have decided when we are grown ups and can afford and $5000 bed (never LOL), we want a Sterns and Foster. OMG it was the most comfortable thing I have ever laid on. But, this time we were good, and stayed in budget. The bed was delivered yesterday after I left to drive back to Reno, and Andrew got to sleep in it by himself last night (bastard). But since he still doesn't have gas hooked up (that happens tomorrow), he doesn't have hot water and I came home and took a nice, long, hot shower!

No comments: