16 June 2011

Randomness on being alone.....

So, last night was my first night all alone.

The boys have gone off and left me. Right now they are both down at the new house (bastards!), and John will be going to my mom’s after that for most of the summer.

Last night, I couldn’t sleep. I was tired and feeling blah after donating blood, but I couldn’t close my eyes. I don’t know how people can say they feel energized after giving blood, it just drains me (pun intended).

I have NEVER lived alone. I have been alone for a few days, but not for a month. Luckily I have the dog, and last night she was in bed with me (a treat for her). I wasn’t scared of anything, I just couldn’t sleep. I don’t know what was up. I am not lonely (at least not yet), and there is a novelty to being alone. I will probably tire of it at some point, put I am trying to enjoy it for now.

Packing to move is taking up all of my “free” time (between work and school), that and series TV on Netflix that I keep hearing things about, but never got to see.

I have a list of friends that have told me to call if I want to go out or if the alone time starts to drive me crazy, and I am thankful for them. I may just have to take them up on the offer.

At least I shouldn’t have to shovel snow……But, who knows, this is northern Nevada…….

No comments: