14 July 2011

"That" Age

So, it has come to my attention that I have finally reached “that” age. I feel I am fairly attractive, and that 36 is not old, but the scales are tipping.

I took a walk today. From the office three blocks up to Starbucks. It was lunchtime and there were quite a few people out. The sidewalks cafes were full, and in my pretty little sundress, I received quite a few smiles.

When I thought back over it, I realized that all the men that smiled at me were either 10 years older or 10 years younger than me.

Not that I am looking for anyone new (I am married (actually happily (mostly =})), and so it is not really a big deal, just a blow to the ego), but it is nice to know that I can make a man smile by walking past, even if he is way too young or a smidge too old. 

No comments: