12 January 2012

Classes Really Suck ........

WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE THEM!!!!!!!


So, I miss being in school. I know it’s crazy. Four years of full time school and full time work should have been enough to burn me out, but I’m yearning for academia. I looked into taking a class at the local community college here in SLO, and I even found a class that would not only be helpful for my job, but could have furthered my desire to get a degree in Library Sciences (which is what I wanted to do at UNR, but they didn’t offer it).  I have a B.A., but this was going to be fun.

I enrolled, and went to sign up for my class (just one, just to get back into it). After I hit the button, the fees came up. Not bad, $170 for the class. But then the rest of it came up. Out of state tuition……$597!!!! It was going to cost me $767 to take one class at a community college. I could take a class at the university for that. And, it wasn’t even a face-to-face class. It was all online….

Guess I won’t be doing that.  

I found a similar class through the school district’s adult education program for $60. I signed up for it, but it didn’t go because there wasn’t enough interest in it.

I JUST WANNA TAKE A CLASS IN BUILDING WEB PAGES!!!!!!!

No comments: